Re: Expungement/FBI fingerprint check

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rl on January 24, 2003 at 21:21:07:

In Reply to: Expungement/FBI fingerprint check posted by HenryJ on January 24, 2003 at 20:41:36:

: I was convicted of misdemeanor theft 20 years ago in Chicago Illinois and have since had the record expunged. I now live in Nebraska and have been hired by a financial institution who is in the process of having a background criminal check and a FBI fingerprint check done on me. My question is,'will either of the two checks turn up anything at all since the record has been expunged? How can I verify that it in fact is gone?

: Thank You,
: Henry
The only way to know if you have a record showing is to do a court records check from the court that you were involved with. You may want to run an online search from the multitude of background check/public records searches that are out there using your name and DOB. You may want to try rapsheets.com or mtspokane house.com (I used them myself).

As far as the Illinois state records you have to check as to how you can obtain your record from them either by submitting fingerprints or otherwise.

For the FBI you have to send them your prints to their id unit in Clarksburg, W. Va. They will send you any info they have on you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.