Re: Felony Theft Expungement Illinois-FOID

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Heller on August 09, 2003 at 03:28:42:

In Reply to: Felony Theft Expungement Illinois-FOID posted by Strobe Talbot on January 19, 2003 at 18:39:04:

: I was convicted of felony theft in 1989, and sentenced to two years in the Illinois State Department of Corrections. (Served 9 mon.)

: My Father recently passed away, and he left several rifles to me. Of course, the problem is that I need to register for a FOID card, and cannot qualify due to my felony conviction. I have never been convicted o a violent crime, nor a drug related crime. I was released from parole in 1991, and have not had a felony conviction since.

: My question is, is their any way to have this conviction expunged? Is there any way I can get a Federal firearms ownership ID? I am not a big gun person, but they where my fathers, and I have little else to keep of his.

My story is the same. Non-violent Non-drug related and my father left guns to me when he died. My felony conviction was over 10 years ago. A couple of the guns are famly heirlomes from my grandfather that may or may not even work. Is there anyway I can get a foid card for this. Right now they are in my moms control but I want to know what I can do when she dies. Please e-mail me at mark_heller_niu@yahoo.com if you have any information.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.