Re: Disorderly Conduct Citation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rl on June 04, 2003 at 21:25:19:

In Reply to: Disorderly Conduct Citation posted by Abby on June 04, 2003 at 19:39:30:

: I received a DC citation for "f-ing" out a cop. Granted, I was in the wrong---I know that. My question is, does this go on my record and will it show up if employers are doing backround and criminal check clearances? I'm currently in my last semester of Graduate school, and will be looking for employment soon. I'd like to know what exactly I'm up against here, and how hard I have to fight. The fine is $422 and I have 10 days to file for a magistrate hearing. I need some help, pretty fast. The police department said it would not go on my record, but they do keep a record of it. Just HELP!!!!!!
**Hi Abby. It sounds like this is a violation conviction. Normally violations convictions do not go on police records because they are not fingerprintable offenses. However the police do keep a record of what happened on a hard copy if you get arrested again or want to apply for a pistol permit or to work as a police officer.

Now since you were technically convicted of *something* normally the conviction would show up on a background check of the court records. If a prospective employer cannot go through the police dept to get your record they can laways go through the courts since all convictions in a court are always public record. So an employer might see that you were in court and pled guilty/received a citation.

This depends on what type of background check that is used--there are many types of checks. A check of the felony courts for example will not turn up your record but a check of the municipal courts would.

Hope this helps

RL

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.