Good News

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on April 03, 2003 at 13:45:04:

In Reply to: Expungement for the Military posted by John on March 14, 2003 at 01:43:13:

Well I have been researching on getting an expungment to get into the military. After finding a lawyer that is a friend of the family to my grandparents, he was willing to help. He did a search all in the state of Michigan, and every other kind of record search. NOTHING SHOWED UP! If you read my first message you will know that I was definately charged for something.

So I called him and I gave him my case#, social#, and the court appointed lawyer that was there on my sentencing.

He calls me back in about an hour. He did find a record, FINALLY. I knew it wouldn't be that easy, but here is that catch... when I was originally put on probation, It was under the HYTA status. What HYTA does is that if you never got in trouble again, after you are done with probation your record is automatically cleaned. Well in my case I did get in trouble, so it was the HYTA program was cancelled. However, it is not showing up in any record searches. So in other words someone doing the paperwork screwed up and it doesn't show up! So the attorney strongly agrees I can go along with the expungment. He doesn't happen to do that so this is my next mission, finding a lawyer in michigan.

This all happened in Michigan, so I don't know if any other states offer this HYTA probation. But either way, I was convicted for 5 felonies, and there was a screwup in the office. This is my ticket. I believe there is a ticket in every case, you just have to find it.

The only thing I dont understand is that when I did get in trouble again, I violated probation, so they didn't convict me of what I did cause the punishment of the violation was much greater, but that charged just showed up on a job background check about 3 months ago.

Looks like I have to move back to michigan to get this cleared up. I'll post more as I find out.

-John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.