Re: PA Disorderly Conduct Citation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rl on February 10, 2003 at 18:16:03:

In Reply to: PA Disorderly Conduct Citation posted by Marilyn on February 09, 2003 at 22:18:45:

: My daughter received a disorderly conduct citation from the public safety officer at her college in PA. Earlier in the evening, she had "words" with the one public safety officer. Later that evening off campus there were alot kids in the street outside a bar fighting. The one public safety officer identified her and started to hassle her along with the local police . The public safety "arrested" her and brought her on campus saying that she has something to do with the fight. I was told that she received a disorderly conduct citation and all she needs to do is pay the fine. She has a witness and they took her statement. We found out that the safety officer wrote things down that was a lie -- the witness never said. Do we have any recourse?
**I could be wrong but it sounds like the safety officer had words with your daughter at an earlier point then later when the police came that same safety officer pointed to your daughter as 'the one' or something.like that. Can the safety officer 'arrest" your daughter if he technically is not a law enforcement officer? What specifically did she have to do with the fight? The safety officer may serve in this case as the 'accusatory instrument" but did she have the option of pleading not guilty to the charge? If so, could she contest this? If the safety officer really wanted to get her for the "words exchanged" then why did he wait for a later time such as when the police arrived? Seems like a time lapse or something.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.