Re: How can I do something about my DUI record

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rl on February 08, 2003 at 20:14:13:

In Reply to: How can I do something about my DUI record posted by Tony Rogers on February 07, 2003 at 20:20:27:

: Iam currently on 5 yrs license suspension for my 3rd DUI. Because of this I cant' get a job to support myself or my family. Yes I admit I was wrong but I have since stopped drinking completely. South Carolina says they keep it on your record for ever. I dont' know much about law but this sounds very unconstitutional to me. Can you please tell me what I can do to get some kind of help, or is there a way I can get this off my record or something.
**You could go to expungements.com and follow their instructions. Can you get it pardoned via the governor of SC? Does SC have a provision where you can clean up your rapsheet by getting some type of rehab certificate?(NY offers this).

Since you are waiting for a 5 year period to pass, It may be a long time before you can even think of starting to expunge your records. You would have to consult the SC criminal procedure laws or the like to find out if this is possible.

In NY a first time DWI conviction is a misdemeanor but a second one in 10 years is a felony. Such convictions stay on your NY driving record for at least 10 years and it also results in a criminal record(fingerprints) with the state of NY as well as a criminal court record (name and DOB check). The records are permanent and never go away. It's
like this in every state more or less.

RL

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.