Felony Expungement in Ohio

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Roberts on December 29, 2002 at 00:34:05:

Hello,
I'm a 21 y/o college student. I have a fifth degree felony of theft of a credit card from one county and two first degree misdemeanors, theft and possession of stolen property, from a another county. Both courts charged me because the actions that took place during my crime happened in two different areas. They did, however, stem out of the same "incident" and occurred in the same week. My lawyer at the time told me that under Ohio law, this is expungable. However, due to the negative experience with his services, I am now developing some doubts about what he had said.

In doing my own research, I see that Ohio does allow for 2 or 3 charges to be expungable as long as they arise from the same incident (also mentioning something about a period of 6 months between acts). What classifies "same incident" and does the fact that my convictions exist between two courts make me ineligible? If I am able to have this expunged, would the event take place in both courts, the court of the higher charge, or what are the possible scenarios?

Thanks to anyone who may reply. This issue is very important to my family and I.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Law Talk ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.